Low blood pressure (hypotension) can be a sign of good health or of a life-threatening condition. Find out more about hypotension's causes and treatment options.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
May. 08, 2014
- Chu VH. Staphylococcal toxic shock syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 24, 2013.
- Tintinalli JE, et al. Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=40. Accessed Dec. 24, 2013.
- Patient alert: Medical devices. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/PatientAlerts/ucm070003.htm. Accessed Dec. 24, 2013.
- Stevens DL. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations and diagnosis of streptococcal toxic shock syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 24, 2013.
- Stevens DL. Treatment of streptococcal toxic shock syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 24, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.