Mayo Clinic's Department of Otorhinolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery is dedicated to developing new treatment options for people with tongue cancer. Mayo's scientists and researchers collaborate to continually improve care. Areas of research include:
- Improving and adapting existing robotic surgery systems for use on tumors of the tongue
- Investigating tumor growth factors for oral cancer
- Evaluating new methods of use for chemotherapy
- Evaluating new radiation therapy regimens
- Investigating the relationship of human papillomavirus (HPV) and oral cancers
- Researching potential gene therapies
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on tongue cancer on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Jun. 27, 2013
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.