Tests and diagnosis
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Treatments and drugs
Find out what to expect as you prepare for chemotherapy treatment.
Radiation therapy is a common means of treating many types of cancer. Find out what to expect during your radiation therapy treatment.
Thyroidectomy is surgery to remove all or part of your thyroid gland. Thyroidectomy may be used to treat thyroid disorders, including cancer, goiter and hyperthyroidism.
Apr. 02, 2011
- Lal G, et al. Thyroid cancer. In: Abeloff MD, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-4/0/1709/0.html. Accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- Thyroid carcinoma. In: Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2011: Instant Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05610-6..C2009-0-38600-6--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05610-6&about=true&uniqId=230100505-53. Accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- Thyroid cancer: Detailed guide. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/ThyroidCancer/DetailedGuide/index. Accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- Prinz RA, et al. Thyroid cancer. In: Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy 2011. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0986-5..C2009-0-38984-9--TOP&isbn=978-1-4377-0986-5&about=true&uniqId=236797353-5. Accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- Consideration of potassium iodide in emergency planning. United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission. http://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/emerg-preparedness/about-emerg-preparedness/potassium-iodide.html. Accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- Nuclear power plant emergency preparedness. Federal Emergency Management Agency. http://www.nukepills.com/docs/FEMA_Nuclear_Power_Plant_Emergency.pdf. Accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- Tuttle RM. Overview of the management of differentiated thyroid cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Feb. 26, 2011.
- Nippoldt TB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 3, 2011.