Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
July 10, 2015
- Tefferi A. Approach to the patient with thrombocytosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 15, 2015.
- What are thrombocythemia and thrombocytosis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/thrm/. Accessed June 15, 2015.
- Reactive thrombocytosis. Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/hematology-and-oncology/myeloproliferative-disorders/reactive-thrombocytosis-secondary-thrombocythemia. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Sulai NH, et al. Why does my patient have thrombocytosis? Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America. 2012;26:285.
- Kitchens CS, et al. Thrombocytosis. In: Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. June 22, 2015.