Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
June 24, 2015
- Expertise and experience. Mayo Clinic has developed a large essential thrombocythemia practice with highly experienced specialists.
- Team approach. At Mayo Clinic, you will be treated by a multidisciplinary team of specialized experts, collaborating on your care.
- Care at Mayo Clinic revolves around you. We listen closely to your needs to find the right treatment. We do our own lab tests, which means less waiting for results. And we explain our findings in plain language.
- Newest technology and research. Mayo Clinic pioneered the development of innovative drugs to treat symptoms of essential thrombocythemia. Mayo leads many international efforts for essential thrombocythemia and similar disorders.
- Thrombocythemia. Merck Manuals Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/SearchResults?query=essential+thrombocythemia. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Tefferi A. Diagnosis and clinical manifestations of essential thrombocythemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- What are thrombocythemia and thrombocytosis? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/thrm. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Essential thrombocythemia. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/myeloproliferative/HealthProfessional/page5. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Tefferi A. Prognosis and treatment of essential thrombocythemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Myeloproliferative disorders. Lab Tests Online. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/conditions/myelopro-disorders/start/2. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. May 16, 2015.
- Stroke: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/stroke/stroke.htm. Accessed May 19, 2015.
- Warning signs of a heart attack. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/WarningSignsofaHeartAttack/Warning-Signs-of-a-Heart-Attack_UCM_002039_Article.jsp. Accessed May 12, 2015.
- Chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms treatment. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/myeloproliferative/Patient/page1/AllPages. Accessed May 13, 2015.