Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Feb. 23, 2012
- Tetralogy of Fallot. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/tof. Accessed Nov. 2, 2011.
- Doyle T, et al. Overview of the management of tetralogy of Fallot. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2011.
- Bailliard F, et al. Tetralogy of Fallot. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2009;4:2.
- Tetralogy of Fallot. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/TetralogyOfFallot.html. Accessed Nov. 2, 2011.
- Apitz C, et al. Tetralogy of Fallot. The Lancet. 2009;374:1462.
- Warnes CA, et al. ACC/AHA 2008 guidelines for the management of adults with congenital heart disease. 2008;118:714.