Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
This whooshing sound in your heart is usually harmless, but in some cases heart murmurs can alert your doctor to specific heart conditions.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Feb. 23, 2012
- Tetralogy of Fallot. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/tof. Accessed Nov. 2, 2011.
- Doyle T, et al. Overview of the management of tetralogy of Fallot. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2011.
- Bailliard F, et al. Tetralogy of Fallot. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2009;4:2.
- Tetralogy of Fallot. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/heartdefects/TetralogyOfFallot.html. Accessed Nov. 2, 2011.
- Apitz C, et al. Tetralogy of Fallot. The Lancet. 2009;374:1462.
- Warnes CA, et al. ACC/AHA 2008 guidelines for the management of adults with congenital heart disease. 2008;118:714.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.