- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, urologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and radiologists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for boys and men with testicular cancer. Other professionals, such as fertility-preservation experts, are included as needed.
- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 300 boys and men with testicular cancer. Your care team is extensively trained and well-prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic urologic surgeons have advanced training in urologic cancers, including testicular cancer, and are experienced with surgical techniques designed to avoid injury to crucial nerves needed to retain fertility.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest diagnostic and treatment options. Examples include advanced radiation therapy techniques, such as intensity-modulated radiation therapy, and clinical trials testing the latest medicines.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatment options includes surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Nov. 06, 2014
- Niederhuber JE, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.
- Testicular cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.
- Testicular self-examination (TSE). Urology Care Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=101. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.
- Ilic D, et al. Screening for testicular cancer. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2011;CD007853. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD007853.pub2/abstract. Accessed Sept. 12, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 7, 2014.
- Cheney SM, et al. Robot-assisted retroperitoneal lymph node dissection: Technique and initial case series of 18 patients. BJU International. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bju.12804/abstract. Accessed Sept. 16, 2014.
- Boorjian SA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 29, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.