Coping and support
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Most pregnant women who have epilepsy deliver healthy babies, yet concerns remain. Here's what you need to know about epilepsy and pregnancy.
June 25, 2014
- Temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsy Foundation. http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/types-epilepsy-syndromes/temporal-lobe-epilepsy. Accessed April 9, 2014.
- Benbadis SR. Localization-related (partial) epilepsy: Causes and clinical features. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 9, 2014.
- Seizures and epilepsy: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/epilepsy/detail_epilepsy.htm?css=print. Accessed April 9, 2014.
- Schachter SC. Surgical therapy of epilepsy in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 9, 2014.
- Tzatha E, et al. Responsive neurostimulation for the treatment of seizures that do not respond to medication. Neurology 2011;77:e79.
- FDA approves responsive stimulation therapy by Neuropace. Epilepsy Foundation. http://www.epilepsy.com/release/2014/3/fda-approves-responsive-neurostimulation-therapy-neuropace. Accessed April 23, 2014.
- Calpern CH, et al. Deep brain stimulation for epilepsy. Neurotherapeutics. 2008;5:59.