- Experience. Every year, Mayo Clinic doctors diagnose and care for children who have Tay-Sachs disease and offer support to their families.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors provide compassionate care for children who have Tay-Sachs disease, taking into account the family's needs and concerns.
- Team approach. Teams of doctors working together tailor care to each child.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Oct. 21, 2014
- What is Tay-Sachs disease? Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/tay-sachs-disease. Accessed Sept. 9, 2014.
- Learning about Tay-Sachs disease. National Human Genome Research Institute. http://www.genome.gov/10001220. Accessed Sept. 9, 2014.
- Tay-Sachs disease information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/taysachs/taysachs.htm. Accessed Sept. 9, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 19, 2014.