Heart disease, usually thought of as blockages in the arteries that can cause a heart attack, can describe any medical condition affecting your heart.
Iron deficiency anemia may leave you feeling sapped of energy. This condition is especially common in women. Iron supplements usually help.
You normally lose about 10 cups (2.4 liters) of water every day — much more during exercise or illness. Learn how to stay hydrated.
Drinking alcohol might offer some health benefits. But that's only if you drink responsibly and in moderation.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
May 06, 2014
- Ganz LI. Sinus tachycardia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=331§ionid=40727006. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- Stone CK, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Emergency Medicine. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=385§ionid=40357251&jumpsectionID=40365877. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed Dec. 27, 2013.
- Overview of arrhythmias. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/arrhythmias_and_conduction_disorders/overview_of_arrhythmias.html?qt=arrhythmia&alt=sh. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- What is catheter ablation? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ablation/. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
- Prevention & treatment of arrhythmia. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Prevention-Treatment-of-Arrhythmia_UCM_002026_Article.jsp. Accessed Jan. 8, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 5, 2013.