Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
April 29, 2015
- Expertise and teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, doctors from a number of medical specialties work together to provide you with the best care possible. Your team may include specialists in allergic diseases, dermatology, gastroenterology, pediatrics, neurology, endocrinology, hematology and pathology.
- Experience. Each year doctors at Mayo Clinic treat more than 60 people with systemic mastocytosis.
- Timely care. A detailed itinerary for appointments, tests and procedures lets you make the most of your time at the clinic. Mayo Clinic technicians run all tests and labs themselves, which means tests taken in the morning can be reviewed the same afternoon. Mayo's collaborative approach means two or three days often yields the same diagnosis and care insights that could take weeks in less-coordinated institutions.
- Care at Mayo Clinic revolves around you. At Mayo Clinic, doctors manage systemic mastocytosis by regularly monitoring your condition, then tailoring a treatment plan to help you manage your specific symptoms. Mayo Clinic doctors get to know you and your concerns completely, and explain your options in plain language.
- Butterfield JH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 2, 2015.
- Pardanani A. Systemic mastocytosis in adults: 2013 update on diagnosis, risk stratification, and management. American Journal of Hematology. 2013;88:613.
- Systemic mastocytosis. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/related-conditions/systemic-mastocytosis.aspx. Accessed Feb. 12, 2015.
- Mastocytosis explained. The Mastocytosis Society, Inc. http://tmsforacure.org/patients/mastocytosis_explained_2.php. Accessed Feb. 12, 2015.
- Akin C, et al. Diagnosis and classification of mastocytosis. Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America. 2014;34:207.
- Siebenhaar F, et al. Treatment strategies in mastocytosis. Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America. 2014;34:433.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb.17, 2015.
- Weiler CR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 12, 2015.