Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Nov. 26, 2014
- Expertise and experience. Mayo Clinic is one of only a few medical centers in the world with expertise in systemic capillary leak syndrome. Each year our team of blood experts (hematologists) diagnoses and treats a significant number of people who have this rare disorder. In addition, Mayo Clinic conducts research on this condition and shares knowledge with others.
- Multidisciplinary approach. If you have systemic capillary leak syndrome, you may experience complex medical problems involving many body systems. Mayo Clinic's multidisciplinary team collaborates to treat the whole person and provide exactly the care you need.
- Druey KM, et al. Narrative review: The systemic capillary leak syndrome. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2010;153:90.
- Kapoor P, et al. Idiopathic systemic capillary leak syndrome (Clarkson's disease): The Mayo Clinic Experience. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2010;85:905.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 25, 2014.
- Gousseff M, et al. The systemic capillary leak syndrome: A case series of 28 patients from a European registry. Annals of Internal Medicine 2011;154:464.
- Xie Z, et al. Vascular endothelial hyperpermeability induces the clinical symptoms of Clarkson disease (the systemic capillary leak syndrome). Blood. 2012;119:4321.