You're likely to start by seeing your family doctor or a general practitioner. Or you may be referred immediately to a specialist in skin conditions (dermatologist).
What you can do
Before your appointment, you might want to write a list of answers to the following questions:
- When did you first begin experiencing symptoms?
- Have you been swimming or wading outdoors recently?
- Did anyone else who went swimming with you develop a rash?
- What medications and supplements do you take regularly?
What to expect from your doctor
Your doctor is likely to ask you a number of questions, such as:
- Have your symptoms been continuous or occasional?
- What, if anything, seems to improve your symptoms?
- What, if anything, appears to worsen your symptoms?