You're likely to start by seeing your primary care doctor. In some cases when you call to set up an appointment, you may be referred to a specialist in skin diseases (dermatologist).
Here's some information to help you prepare for your appointment.
What you can do
Preparing a list of questions will help you make the most of your appointment. For sweating and body odor, some basic questions to ask your doctor include:
- What are the most likely causes of my symptoms?
- Is my condition likely temporary or long lasting?
- What treatments are available, and which might be best for me?
- Is there a generic alternative to the medicine you're prescribing me?
What to expect from your doctor
Your doctor is likely to ask you several questions, such as:
- When did you begin experiencing symptoms?
- How often do you experience these symptoms?
- Do you always have these symptoms, or do they come and go?
- Does anything seem to improve your symptoms?
- What, if anything, appears to worsen your symptoms?