Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors evaluate more than 20,000 people with suspicious breast lumps.
Leading edge diagnosis and treatment
Specialists in Mayo's Breast Diagnostic Clinic offer advanced breast lump evaluation and diagnostic services, including fine-needle aspiration, ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsies, image-guided core needle biopsies and surgical biopsies.
Mayo Clinic offer a range of treatments, including hormone therapy, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgical procedures, such as lumpectomy. Mayo Clinic doctors often can schedule surgery for the next day for people who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
Mayo Clinic researchers conduct clinical trials devoted to improving diagnostic and treatment options for people with breast-related conditions. Doctors in Mayo's Breast Clinic research breast condition treatments, share information between Mayo Clinic locations and work with national research organizations, such as the National Cancer Institute.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
June 10, 2017
- Breast lumps. Radiological Society of North America. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastlumps. Accessed March 2, 2017.
- Non-cancerous breast conditions. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/non-cancerous-breast-conditions.html. Accessed March 2, 2017.
- Benign breast problems and conditions. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Benign-Breast-Problems-and-Conditions. Accessed March 2, 2017.
- Understanding breast changes. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/understanding-breast-changes/. Accessed March 2, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 31, 2017.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 6, 2017.