Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have a long history of diagnosing and treating women and men who have suspicious breast lumps.
- Expertise. Doctors at Mayo Clinic are always studying the latest ways to deal with your health conditions.
- Team approach. Integrated treatment teams consult with one another and include doctors trained in family medicine, internal medicine, human tissue analysis (pathology), cancer (oncology), surgery, radiation therapy and other areas.
Read more about breast lumps and breast lump evaluation.
May 29, 2014
- Non-cancerous breast conditions. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/healthy/findcancerearly/womenshealth/non-cancerousbreastconditions/index. Accessed March 19, 2014.
- Sabel MS. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of a palpable breast mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 19, 2014.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy. American College of Radiology. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastbixr. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 21, 2014.