Mayo Clinic diagnoses and treats thousands of children and adults each year who have experienced or are at risk of sudden cardiac arrest. Mayo physicians have made significant contributions to advancing surgical and genetic testing methods to diagnose and treat children and adults who have hereditary heart rhythm conditions that lead to sudden cardiac arrest.
Mayo Clinic's large team of highly experienced heart rhythm doctors uses the most advanced diagnostic tests and technology to identify those at risk for sudden cardiac arrest. They also offer patients extensive experience in preventive care for sudden cardiac arrest. Mayo Clinic locations in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota have clinics dedicated specifically to treating heart rhythm abnormalities. Mayo's Heart Rhythm Clinic in Minnesota is one of the largest arrhythmia clinics in the nation and comprises three subspecialty clinics that address the causes and treatment of arrhythmias.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Nov. 15, 2012
- Siscovick DS, et al. Overview of sudden cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Aug. 22, 2012.
- What is sudden cardiac arrest? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/scda/. Accessed Aug. 22, 2012.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Aug. 22, 2012.
- About cardiac arrest. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/CardiacArrest/About-Cardiac-Arrest_UCM_307905_Article.jsp. Accessed Aug. 22, 2012.
- Post-cardiac arrest syndrome care. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/CardiacArrest/Post-Cardiac-Arrest-Syndrome-Care_UCM_307981_Article.jsp. Accessed Aug. 22, 2012.
- Ejection fraction and heart failure measurement. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartFailure/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartFailure/Ejection-Fraction-Heart-Failure-Measurement_UCM_306339_Article.jsp. Accessed Aug. 22, 2012.
- Field JM, et al. Part 1: Executive summary — 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2010;122(suppl):S640.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.