Inflamed eyelids? It could be blepharitis. Explore the symptoms, causes and treatments of blepharitis.
Ocular rosacea, a complication of skin rosacea, can cause eye irritation and redness.
Jun. 13, 2012
- Riordan-Eva P, et al. Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=720. Accessed April 26, 2012.
- What Are Chalazia and Styes? American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/diseases/chalazion-stye.cfm. Accessed April 25, 2012.
- What you need to know about contact lens hygiene and compliance. American Optometric Association. http://www.aoa.org/x8024.xml. Accessed April 26, 2012.
- Chalazion and hordeolum. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/print/eye_disorders/eyelid_and_lacrimal_disorders/chalazion_and_hordeolum.html. Accessed April 26, 2012.
- Eye cosmetic safety. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductandIngredientSafety/ProductInformation/ucm137241.htm. Accessed April 26, 2012.
- Robertson DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 3, 2012.