SymptomsBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Signs and symptoms of nonulcer stomach pain may include:
- A burning sensation or discomfort in your upper abdomen or lower chest, sometimes relieved by food or antacids
- An early feeling of fullness when eating
When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor if you experience persistent signs and symptoms that worry you.
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience:
Feb. 06, 2015
- Bloody vomit
- Dark, tarry stools
- Shortness of breath
- Pain that radiates to your jaw, neck or arm
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Longstreth GF, et al. Functional dyspepsia in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Indigestion. National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/indigestion/index.aspx. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Dyspepsia. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Talley NJ, et al. Guidelines for the management of dyspepsia. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2005;100:2324.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 26, 2014.