Many times it's not clear what causes nonulcer stomach pain. Doctors consider it a functional disorder, which means it's not necessarily caused by a specific disease.
Feb. 06, 2015
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Longstreth GF, et al. Functional dyspepsia in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Indigestion. National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/indigestion/index.aspx. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Dyspepsia. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Jan. 8, 2015.
- Talley NJ, et al. Guidelines for the management of dyspepsia. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2005;100:2324.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 26, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.