- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart and blood vessel conditions (cardiologists) and heart and blood vessel surgery (cardiovascular surgeons) have experience evaluating and treating spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) and other cardiovascular conditions.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons work together with doctors trained in hereditary conditions (medical genetics) to diagnose and treat your condition. Doctors trained in pregnancy and female reproductive conditions (obstetrics and gynecology) also may help evaluate women who have SCAD.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors have been pioneers in the use of social media to identify and recruit people with SCAD to study new treatment methods. Mayo Clinic doctors research SCAD as part of clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Oct. 09, 2014
- Tweet SM, et al. Clinical features, management and prognosis of spontaneous coronary artery dissection. Circulation. 2012;126:579.
- Vrints CJM. Spontaneous coronary artery dissection. Heart. 2010;806:91.
- Alfonso F, et al. Spontaneous coronary artery dissection: Long-term follow-up of a large series of patients prospectively managed with a "conservative" therapeutic strategy. JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2012;5:1062.
- Glamore MJ, et al. Spontaneous coronary artery dissection. Journal of Cardiac Surgery. 2012;27:56.
- Ito H, et al. Presentation and therapy of spontaneous coronary artery dissection and comparisons of postpartum versus nonpostpartum cases. American Journal of Cardiology. 2011;107:1590.
- Don't take a chance with a heart attack: Know the facts and act fast. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/mi/heart_attack_fs_en.htm. Accessed Jan. 11, 2013.
- NINDS Fibromuscular dysplasia information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/fibromuscular_dysplasia/fibromuscular_dysplasia.htm. Accessed Jan. 10, 2013.
- What is coronary angiography? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ca. Accessed Jan. 11, 2013.
- What is a stent? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/stents. Accessed Jan. 14, 2013.
- What is coronary artery bypass grafting? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cabg. Accessed Jan. 14, 2013.
- Coping with feelings. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/CardiacRehab/Coping-with-Feelings_UCM_307092_Article.jsp. Accessed Jan. 14, 2013.
- Hayes SN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 17, 2013.
- What is cardiac rehabilitation? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/rehab. Accessed Jan. 21, 2013.
- Hayes SN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 21, 2013.