Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Find out what to expect during and after your cortisone shot.
Nov. 18, 2015
- Spinal stenosis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/spinal_stenosis. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Goldman L, et al. Mechanical and other lesions of the spine, nerve roots and spinal cord. In: Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Frontera WR. In: Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Cervical stenosis and myelopathy. North American Spine Society. http://www.knowyourback.org/pages/spinalconditions/degenerativeconditions/cstenosis_myelopathy_radiculopathy.aspx. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Levin K. Lumbar spinal stenosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Huddleston PM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 15, 2015.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Spine Surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 24, 2015.