Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Stem cells are under study to treat diverse conditions from blood cancers to Parkinson's and heart failure. Researchers have uncovered some potential new sources that offer additional opportunities for developing regenerative solutions.
Oct. 08, 2014
- Adams JG. Emergency Medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Hansebout RR, et al. Acute traumatic spinal cord injury. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal trauma. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/injuries_poisoning/spinal_trauma/spinal_trauma.html. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal cord injury facts. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Fact%20Sheets.aspx. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal cord injury facts and figures at a glance. National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center. https://www.nscisc.uab.edu/. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal cord injury prevention tips. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/~/media/Files/Patient%20Information/Patient%20Safety%20Tips/spinal_cord_injury_prevention.ashx. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Vodusek DB. Lower urinary tract and sexual dysfunction in neurological patients. European Neurology. 2014;72:109.
- Spinal cord injury: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/sci/detail_sci.htm. Accessed July 9, 2014.