Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Oct. 08, 2014
- Adams JG. Emergency Medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Hansebout RR, et al. Acute traumatic spinal cord injury. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal trauma. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/injuries_poisoning/spinal_trauma/spinal_trauma.html. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal cord injury facts. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Fact%20Sheets.aspx. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal cord injury facts and figures at a glance. National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center. https://www.nscisc.uab.edu/. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Spinal cord injury prevention tips. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/~/media/Files/Patient%20Information/Patient%20Safety%20Tips/spinal_cord_injury_prevention.ashx. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Vodusek DB. Lower urinary tract and sexual dysfunction in neurological patients. European Neurology. 2014;72:109.
- Spinal cord injury: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/sci/detail_sci.htm. Accessed July 9, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.