- Teamwork. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in nervous system conditions (neurologists), doctors trained in nerve surgery (neurosurgeons), doctors trained in nervous system conditions and radiology (neuroradiologists) and others work together to evaluate and treat you.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience treating many people who have spinal arteriovenous malformations, although the condition is rare.
- Individualized treatment. Your doctors will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan to help you manage your condition.
- Efficiency. In Mayo Clinic's efficient system, your testing and treatment can be done in days, not weeks.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study new and improved diagnostic techniques and treatment options for spinal arteriovenous malformations.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Nov. 20, 2012