Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital rankings. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for urology, for orthopedics, and for rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Aug. 27, 2014
- Spina bifida: Facts. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/NCBDDD/spinabifida/facts.html. Accessed June 13, 2014.
- Spina bifida fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/spina_bifida/detail_spina_bifida.htm. Accessed June 13, 2014.
- Fieggen G, et al. Spina bifida: A multidisciplinary perspective on a many-faceted condition. South African Medical Journal. 2014;104:213.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 13, 2014.
- McLone DG, et al. Pathophysiology and clinical manifestations of myelomeningocele (spina bifida). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 13, 2014.
- Second trimester maternal serum screening. LabTestsOnline. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/triple-screen/tab/sample/. Accessed June 16, 2014.
- Hochberg L, et al. Prenatal screening and diagnosis for neural tube defects. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 16, 2014.
- Grivell RM, et al. Repair procedures for spina bifida for improving infant and maternal outcomes (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD008825/abstract. Accessed June 16, 2014.
- McLone DG, et al. Overview of the management of myelomeningocele (spina bifida). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 13, 2014.
- Dietary supplement fact sheet: Folate. Office of Dietary Supplements. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/folate. Accessed June 13, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 12, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.