Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Oct. 19, 2016
- Anxiety disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 2, 2016.
- Specific phobias fact sheet. National Institute of Mental Illness. http://www2.nami.org/factsheets/specificphobias_factsheet.pdf. Accessed Sept. 2, 2016.
- Gabbard GO, ed. Specific phobia. In: Gabbard's Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2014. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 2, 2016.
- Specific phobic disorders. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric-disorders/anxiety-and-stressor-related-disorders/specific-phobic-disorders. Sept. 2, 2016.
- What are anxiety disorders? American Psychiatric Association. https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/anxiety-disorders/what-are-anxiety-disorders. Accessed Sept. 2, 2016.
- Augustyn M. Overview of fears and specific phobias in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 2, 2016.
- Sawchuk CN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 26, 2016.