Some people who start out with cervical dystonia eventually develop similar symptoms in neighboring regions, such as the shoulder or face. In addition, the disability and pain that can be caused by cervical dystonia may result in depression.
Jan. 28, 2014
- Dystonias fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dystonias/detail_dystonias.htm. Accessed Aug. 9, 2013.
- Frontera WR, et al. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 9, 2013.
- Comella C. Classification and evaluation of dystonia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 9, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 9, 2013.
- Comella C. Treatment of dystonia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 9, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.