A soft tissue sarcoma may not cause any signs and symptoms in its early stages. As the tumor grows, it may cause:
- A noticeable lump or swelling
- Pain, if a tumor presses on nerves or muscles
When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any persistent signs and symptoms that worry you.
Jan. 24, 2015
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2013.
- Soft tissue sarcoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed July 24, 2013.
- Adult soft tissue sarcoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adult-soft-tissue-sarcoma/patient. Accessed July 19, 2013.
- Childhood soft tissue sarcoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/child-soft-tissue-sarcoma/Patient. Accessed July 19, 2013.
- Taking time: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://cancer.gov/cancertopics/takingtime. Accessed July 24, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 16, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.