Lifestyle and home remedies
Nasal polyps, inflammation-related growths in the nasal passages or sinuses, can block the flow of air and fluid in your nose.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Sept. 26, 2015
- Deary V, et al. Simple snoring: Not quite so simple after all. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 2014;18:453.
- Snoring. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/content/snoring-and-sleep-apnea. Accessed Aug. 30, 2015.
- Sheldon SH, et al. Primary snoring. In: Principles and Practice of Pediatric Medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2014. www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 31, 2015.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Ear, nose and throat disorders. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2015. 54th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Aug. 31, 2015.
- Frey WC. Overview of snoring in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 31, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Obstructive sleep apnea. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 31, 2015.
- Frey WC. Treatment of adults with snoring. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 31, 2015.
- Snoring. NHS Choices. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Snoring/Pages/Introduction.aspx. Accessed Sept. 1, 2015.
- Sleep studies. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/slpst. Accessed Sept. 1, 2015.
- Hilton MP, et al. Singing exercises improve sleepiness and frequency of snoring among snorers: A randomised controlled trial. International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. 2013;2:1.
- Puhan MA, et al. Didgeridoo playing as alternative treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome: Randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2006;332:266.
- Ward CP, et al. Risk of obstructive sleep apnea lower in double reed musicians. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2012;8:251.
- Wardrop PJC, et al. Do wind and brass players snore less? A cross-sectional study of snoring and daytime fatigue in professional orchestral musicians. Clinical Otolaryngology. 2011;36:134.
- Find a sleep facility near you. Sleepcenters.org. http://www.sleepeducation.com/find-a-facility. Accessed Aug. 31, 2015.
- Olson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 7, 2015.
- How much sleep do I need? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/sleep/about_sleep/how_much_sleep.htm. Accessed Sept. 8, 2015.