Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Aug. 16, 2014
- Friedman HM, et al. The epidemiology, pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of smallpox. http://www/uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- Hall JB, et al., eds. Principles of Critical Care. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2005. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=361&Sectionid=39866430. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- What you should know about a smallpox outbreak. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/basics/outbreak.asp. Accessed June 12, 2014.
- Smallpox. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/smallpox/faq/en/#. Accessed June 15, 2014.
- Questions and answers about smallpox disease. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/faq/smallpox_disease.asp. Accessed June 12, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.