Back pain can come on gradually or suddenly. Most back pain responds to home treatment within a few weeks.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Aug. 16, 2014
- Friedman HM, et al. The epidemiology, pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of smallpox. http://www/uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- Hall JB, et al., eds. Principles of Critical Care. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2005. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=361&Sectionid=39866430. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- What you should know about a smallpox outbreak. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/basics/outbreak.asp. Accessed June 12, 2014.
- Smallpox. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/smallpox/faq/en/#. Accessed June 15, 2014.
- Questions and answers about smallpox disease. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/faq/smallpox_disease.asp. Accessed June 12, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.