- Expertise. Each Mayo Clinic location — in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota — offers a sleep medicine center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and staffed by highly skilled experts in sleep disorders.
- Mayo Sleep Questionnaire. Mayo Clinic researchers developed and use the Mayo Sleep Questionnaire for the diagnosis of many types of sleep disorders.
- Research. Mayo Clinic experts are engaged in an array of clinical, educational and research activities on sleep disorders, studying new diagnosis and treatment options.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
July 21, 2017
- Non-rapid eye movement sleep arousal disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://dsm.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed May 9, 2017.
- Sleepwalking. National Sleep Foundation. https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/abnormal-sleep-behaviors/sleepwalking. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Sleepwalking. American Academy of Family Physicians. https://familydoctor.org/condition/sleepwalking/. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Parasomnias. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic-disorders/sleep-and-wakefulness-disorders/parasomnias. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Sateia M. Sleepwalking. International Classification of Sleep Disorders. 3rd ed. Darien, Ill.: American Academy of Sleep Medicine; 2014. http://www.aasmnet.org/EBooks/ICSD3. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Kotagal S. Sleepwalking and other parasomnias in children. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Foldvary-Schaefer N. Disorders of arousal from non-rapid eye movement sleep in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Parasomnias. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016. Accessed May 10, 2017.
- Cochen De Cock V. Sleepwalking. Current Treatment Options in Neurology. 2016;18:6.
- Olson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 18, 2017.