While mild traumatic brain injury generally results in few long-term problems, more severe injury can cause several physical, emotional, behavioral, communication and cognitive problems.
Living through a traumatic event can leave lasting scars. Medications, therapy and coping skills can help you regain a sense of control.
Sept. 14, 2016
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Sleep disorders and problems. National Sleep Foundation. https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems. July 25, 2016.
- Olson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn., Aug. 9, 2016.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 25, 2016.