While mild traumatic brain injury generally results in few long-term problems, more severe injury can cause several physical, emotional, behavioral, communication and cognitive problems.
Living through a traumatic event can leave lasting scars. Medications, therapy and coping skills can help you regain a sense of control.
Feb. 07, 2014
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Find a sleep center near you. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://www.sleepeducation.com/find-a-center. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2012-2013. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed July 9, 2013.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 9, 2013.