Managing bipolar disorder can be a challenge. Stick to your treatment plan to keep mood swings under control.
Cyclothymia may be a mild form of bipolar disorder, but your fluctuating moods can have serious consequences. Learn about treatment options.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Dysthymia is a mild but long-term form of depression that can greatly reduce your quality of life. Learn about dysthymia symptoms and treatment options.
Fatigue and widespread pain are common with fibromyalgia, a condition affecting mainly women. Treatment often focuses on managing symptoms with medication and self-care.
Postpartum depression can interfere with your ability to care for your baby and handle other daily tasks. Prompt treatment can help.
Living through a traumatic event can leave lasting scars. Medications, therapy and coping skills can help you regain a sense of control.
Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder characterized by decreased muscle tone and a constant desire to eat, often leads to morbid obesity.
If you have symptoms of heart disease, but your doctor doesn't see any blocked major arteries, small vessel disease may be the cause.
All teens feel down from time to time. But if negative feelings persist or start to interfere with daily life, it might be depression.
While mild traumatic brain injury generally results in few long-term problems, more severe injury can cause several physical, emotional, behavioral, communication and cognitive problems.
Whiplash is a neck injury often linked to auto accidents. Discover which treatments work and which don't.
Feb. 07, 2014
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- Find a sleep center near you. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://www.sleepeducation.com/find-a-center. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2012-2013. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed July 9, 2013.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 9, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.