- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in many areas have experience diagnosing and treating sleep disorders at Mayo Clinic. Each Mayo Clinic location offers a sleep disorders center accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and is staffed by specialists trained in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in sleep medicine study new diagnostic tests and treatments for sleep disorders. Learn more on the Center for Sleep Medicine research website.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for respiratory disorders, for neurology and neurosurgery, for heart and heart surgery, for ear, nose and throat, and for psychiatry by U.S. News & World Report.
Sept. 14, 2016
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Sleep disorders and problems. National Sleep Foundation. https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems. July 25, 2016.
- Olson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn., Aug. 9, 2016.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 25, 2016.