Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Sept. 14, 2016
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Sleep disorders and problems. National Sleep Foundation. https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems. July 25, 2016.
- Olson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn., Aug. 9, 2016.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 25, 2016.