Below are current clinical trials.5 studies in Sleep disorders
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
To evaluate, in a pilot fashion, efficacy and tolerability of electrical counter-stimulation using the Scrambler device in alleviating uncomfortable sensations and urge to move in patients with restless legs syndrome/Willis Ekbom Disease (RLS/WED).
Evidence suggests a relationship between sleep deprivation and cardiovascular disease. The investigators wish to determine whether 9 nights of modest sleep restriction results in activation of cardiovascular disease mechanisms, thus potentially increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease. The investigators hypothesize that sleep restriction will result in elevated blood pressure, inflammation, and neurocognitive deficits.
This study is a 4-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, ascending dose, 4-period crossover study designed to evaluate the safety, tolerability, efficacy, and PK of JZP-110 (75, 150, and 300 mg) in the treatment of excessive sleepiness in adult subjects with idiopathic PD.
The purpose of this study is to assess cognitive functioning in neurological, medical, and sleep disorders in comparison to age-sex matched controls and to determine how cognitive impairments impact driving performance as assessed by driving habits questionnaires and driving simulator performance in selected subjects.
Insufficient sleep may be one of the most common, and most preventable, obesity risk factors. The investigators wish to determine whether 14 nights of modest sleep restriction results in increased energy balance, thus potentially increasing the risk of obesity. The investigators hypothesize that sleep restriction will result in increased energy balance.
Sept. 14, 2016
- Judd BG, et al. Classification of sleep disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- Sleep disorders and problems. National Sleep Foundation. https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems. July 25, 2016.
- Olson EJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn., Aug. 9, 2016.
- Sleep disorders. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/Disorders.aspx. Accessed July 25, 2016.