Sleepless nights? Insomnia includes difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep or going back to sleep after you awaken. Insomnia may be temporary or chronic.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 25, 2015
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Sleep apnea. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed May 20, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Sleep apnea, obstructive. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 20, 2015.
- What is sleep apnea? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sleepapnea/. Accessed May 22, 2015.
- Selim BJ, et al. Central sleep apnea — The complex sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep Medicine Clinic. 2014;9:37.
- Bonow RO, et al. Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 20, 2015.
- Strohl KP. Overview of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 19, 2015.
- Kryger MH, et al. Sleep breathing disorders. In: Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine. 5th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 20, 2015.
- Adult obstructive sleep apnoea. The Lancet. 2014;383:736.
- Schiza SE, et al. Expiratory positive airway pressure (EPAP) nasal device therapy: A welcome addition to obstructive sleep apnea syndrome therapy. Sleep and Breathing. In press.
- Kryger MH. Management of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 22, 2015.
- Selim BJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 26, 2015.