Lifestyle and home remedies
Want a tanned look without exposing your skin to the sun's damaging rays? Consider sunless tanning products.
Sunscreen is an essential part of any sun protection plan. Here's what you need to know.
Tests and diagnosis
Learn about the most common biopsy procedures and how they're used to diagnose cancer.
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Treatments and drugs
Ask questions and work with your health care team to prepare for chemotherapy so that you know what side effects to expect and how to manage them.
Mohs surgery is a special procedure for removing certain forms of skin cancer.
March 28, 2014
- What you need to know about skin cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/skin. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Habif TP. Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 5th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.; New York, N.Y.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Kaposi sarcoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/kaposis/HealthProfessional. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 3, 2013.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 14, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.