Lifestyle and home remedies
Want to pamper your skin? It might be simpler — and less expensive — than you think. Start by getting back to the basics.
Want a tanned look without exposing your skin to the sun's damaging rays? Consider sunless tanning products.
Sunscreen is an essential part of any sun protection plan. Here's what you need to know.
Tests and diagnosis
Learn about the most common biopsy procedures and how they're used to diagnose cancer.
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Treatments and drugs
Find out what to expect as you prepare for chemotherapy treatment.
Mohs surgery is a special procedure for removing certain forms of skin cancer.
Radiation therapy is a common means of treating many types of cancer. Find out what to expect during your radiation therapy treatment.
Mar. 28, 2014
- What you need to know about skin cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/skin. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Habif TP. Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 5th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.; New York, N.Y.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Kaposi sarcoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/kaposis/HealthProfessional. Accessed Oct. 31, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 3, 2013.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 14, 2013.