Would you know if you were the target of domestic violence? Find out how to identify an abusive relationship — and how to get help.
A broken rib, or fractured rib, is a common injury that occurs when one of the bones in your rib cage breaks or cracks.
Tests and diagnosis
Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Oct. 18, 2014
- Allen KA. The neonatal nurse's role in preventing abusive head trauma. Advances in Neonatal Care. 2014;14:336.
- Reese LS, et al. Evaluation of period of PURPLE crying, an abusive head trauma prevention program. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing. In press. In press. Accessed Sept. 11, 2014.
- NINDS shaken baby syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/shakenbaby/shakenbaby.htm. Accessed Sept. 11, 2014.
- Shaken baby syndrome. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Shaken%20Baby%20Syndrome.aspx. Accessed Sept. 11, 2014.
- Never shake your baby. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.org/baby/never-shake-your-baby.aspx. Accessed Sept. 11, 2014.
- Christian C, et al. Child abuse: Epidemiology, mechanisms, and types of abusive head trauma in infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 11, 2014.