- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in immune system disorders have experience in caring for people with selective IgA deficiency and other primary immunodeficiency conditions. The Primary Immunodeficiency Center at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, is a designated Jeffrey Modell Foundation Diagnostic and Research Center — a nonprofit organization that promotes and conducts research for primary immunodeficiency disorders.
- Personalized care. Most people with selective IgA deficiency don't receive treatment unless they have recurrent infections. Your Mayo Clinic doctor will work closely with you to recognize and treat infections as soon as they occur. In some cases, you may need a long course of antibiotics to prevent an infection from returning.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
March 05, 2015
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 10, 2014.
- Selective IgA deficiency. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/primary-immunodeficiency-disease/selective-iga-deficiency.aspx. Accessed Dec. 10, 2014.
- Jeffrey Modell Centers Network. Primary Immunodeficiency Disorder Resource Network. http://cp0120.edgewebhosting.net/index.cfm?CFID=10696581&CFTOKEN=ff4ccef0cba443d1-EAA6AA17-B724-48FE-71E1E39A048A0948. Accessed Dec. 9, 2014.