Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
March 05, 2015
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in immune system disorders have experience in caring for people with selective IgA deficiency and other primary immunodeficiency conditions. The Primary Immunodeficiency Center at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, is a designated Jeffrey Modell Foundation Diagnostic and Research Center — a nonprofit organization that promotes and conducts research for primary immunodeficiency disorders.
- Personalized care. Most people with selective IgA deficiency don't receive treatment unless they have recurrent infections. Your Mayo Clinic doctor will work closely with you to recognize and treat infections as soon as they occur. In some cases, you may need a long course of antibiotics to prevent an infection from returning.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 10, 2014.
- Selective IgA deficiency. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/primary-immunodeficiency-disease/selective-iga-deficiency.aspx. Accessed Dec. 10, 2014.
- Jeffrey Modell Centers Network. Primary Immunodeficiency Disorder Resource Network. http://cp0120.edgewebhosting.net/index.cfm?CFID=10696581&CFTOKEN=ff4ccef0cba443d1-EAA6AA17-B724-48FE-71E1E39A048A0948. Accessed Dec. 9, 2014.