Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Treatments and drugs
Jun. 19, 2014
- Eyre RC. Evaluation of nonacute scrotal pathology in adult men. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary_disorders/symptoms_of_genitourinary_disorders/painless_scrotal_mass.html. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Brenner JS, et al. Causes of scrotal pain in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Eyre RC. Evaluation of acute scrotum in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- What are the risk factors for testicular cancer? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicularcancer/detailedguide/testicular-cancer-risk-factors. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Testicular self-exam. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicularcancer/moreinformation/doihavetesticularcancer/do-i-have-testicular-cancer-self-exam. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- How is testicular cancer treated? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicularcancer/detailedguide/testicular-cancer-treating-general-treatment-info. Accessed March 20, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.