Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Back pain can come on gradually or suddenly. Most back pain responds to home treatment within a few weeks.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Frequent urination, the need to urinate more often than usual, can indicate several disorders of the urinary tract.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Jun. 19, 2014
- Eyre RC. Evaluation of nonacute scrotal pathology in adult men. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary_disorders/symptoms_of_genitourinary_disorders/painless_scrotal_mass.html. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Brenner JS, et al. Causes of scrotal pain in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Eyre RC. Evaluation of acute scrotum in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- What are the risk factors for testicular cancer? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicularcancer/detailedguide/testicular-cancer-risk-factors. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- Testicular self-exam. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicularcancer/moreinformation/doihavetesticularcancer/do-i-have-testicular-cancer-self-exam. Accessed March 20, 2014.
- How is testicular cancer treated? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/testicularcancer/detailedguide/testicular-cancer-treating-general-treatment-info. Accessed March 20, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.