Mayo Clinic researchers are continually developing new methods for treating scoliosis. Scientists in the Biomechanics and Motion Analysis Laboratories are active in a number of areas of spine research, including improved bracing technology and surgical techniques as well as the long-term results of treatment.
See a list of publications by Mayo doctors on scoliosis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Feb. 03, 2012
- Scoliosis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Scoliosis/default.asp. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- Spiegel DA, et al. The spine. In: Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- Scheri SA. Clinical features, evaluation and diagnosis of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- Thomas MA, et al. Scoliosis and kyphosis. In: Frontera WR, et al. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1678/0.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- Mercier LR. Scoliosis. In: Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2012: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05611-3..C2009-0-38601-8--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05611-3&uniqId=291436269-101. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- Scherl SA. Treatment and prognosis of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- General nuclear medicine. American College of Radiology. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?PG=gennuclear. Accessed Dec. 19, 2011.
- AskMayoExpert. For what spine conditions are bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) used at Mayo Clinic? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2010.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.