- Diagnostic expertise. Sclerosing mesenteritis is often mistaken for other digestive diseases. Mayo Clinic doctors are experienced in the techniques necessary for making the correct diagnosis.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating this rare condition. Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 200 people with sclerosing mesenteritis each year.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, ranks No. 1 as the best gastroenterology and gastrointestinal (GI) surgery hospital in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, are nationally ranked in gastroenterology and GI surgery.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's gastroenterology and hepatology expertise and rankings.
June 21, 2017
- Friedman LS. Sclerosing mesenteritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 31, 2016.
- Akram S, et al. Sclerosing mesenteritis: Clinical features, treatment and outcome in 92 patients. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2007;5:589.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 25, 2016.
- Vlachos K, et al. Sclerosing mesenteritis: Diverse clinical presentations and dissimilar treatment options. A case series and review of the literature. International Archives of Medicine. 2011;4:17.
- Feldman M, et al. Surgical peritonitis and other diseases of the peritoneum, mesentery, omentum, and diaphragm. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 31, 2016.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2016-2017. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/mn/mayo-clinic-6610451/gastroenterology-and-gi-surgery. Accessed Sept. 6, 2016.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Sept. 7, 2016.