- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, digestive disease specialists (gastroenterologists), radiologists, pathologists and surgeons work as a multidisciplinary team to care for people with sclerosing mesenteritis. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating this rare condition. Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 150 people with sclerosing mesenteritis each year.
- Diagnostic expertise. Sclerosing mesenteritis is often mistaken for other digestive diseases. Mayo Clinic doctors are experienced in the techniques necessary for making the correct diagnosis.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with sclerosing mesenteritis includes medications and surgery.
Carol Bolton discusses her experience receiving treatment for sclerosing mesenteritis at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Mar. 22, 2014
- Friedman LS. Sclerosing mesenteritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 14, 2013.
- Akram S, et al. Sclerosing mesenteritis: Clinical features, treatment and outcome in 92 patients. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2007;5:589.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 1, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.