- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, digestive disease specialists (gastroenterologists), radiologists, pathologists and surgeons work as a multidisciplinary team to care for people with sclerosing mesenteritis. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating this rare condition. Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 150 people with sclerosing mesenteritis each year.
- Diagnostic expertise. Sclerosing mesenteritis is often mistaken for other digestive diseases. Mayo Clinic doctors are experienced in the techniques necessary for making the correct diagnosis.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with sclerosing mesenteritis includes medications and surgery.
Carol Bolton discusses her experience receiving treatment for sclerosing mesenteritis at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
March 22, 2014
- Friedman LS. Sclerosing mesenteritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 14, 2013.
- Akram S, et al. Sclerosing mesenteritis: Clinical features, treatment and outcome in 92 patients. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2007;5:589.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 1, 2013.