People with schizotypal personality disorder are at an increased risk of:
Apr. 11, 2013
- Temporary psychotic episodes, usually in response to stress
- Major depression
- Anxiety disorder, characterized by prolonged worry or uneasiness
- Work, school and social problems
- Schizophrenia, rarely
- Personality disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR. 4th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2000. http://www.psychiatryonline.com. Accessed March 1, 2013.
- Sadock BJ, et al. Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wolters Kluwer Health Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2009. http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&CSC=Y&NEWS=N&PAGE=booktext&D=books2&AN=01412563/9th_Edition/5&XPATH=/OVIDBOOK%5b1%5d/METADATA%5b1%5d/TBY%5b1%5d/EDITORS%5b1%5d. Accessed March 3, 2013.
- Silk KR. Personality disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 3, 2013.
- Skodol A, et al. Approaches to the therapeutic relationship in patients with personality disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 3, 2013.
- McClure MM, et al. Functional outcomes, functional capacity, and cognitive impairment in schizotypal personality disorder. Schizophrenia Research. 2013;144:146.
- Afifi TO, et al. Childhood adversity and personality disorder: Results from a nationally representative population-based study. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2011;45:814.
- Alarcon RD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 21, 2013.
- Palmer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 1, 2013.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 3, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.